There are a wide variety of dental assistant training programs available, both within your state and online. Completing this entry level allows you to obtain employment and decide how much further you wish to pursue a dental care career. You may want to consider advancing your skills as a dental hygienist! Earning this certification opens up a meaningful, rewarding and in-demand career field! See below for a sample listing of local schools and their course details. Be sure to click on the school or schools that interest you and complete the simple form for free details on start dates and tuition fees.
It is vitally important to be informed! Be sure to request information from more than one school in order to compare which program is best for you.
1. Select Your State Below For Full School Listings OR
2. Complete The Simple Search Request Form
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer
More Popular Dental Assisting Schools
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Healthcare Technology and Systems
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
Of the many opportunities to advance one’s education and learn new skills one of the most favored is attending Dental Assisting Schools. These schools prepare the student to immediately go to work in a dentist office or a related field. It should be noted, however, that one should be in good health to go into this profession. Many times it requires long hours standing to assist the dentist or in other positions. This can be very tiring and hard on the feet and legs.
At this time, there are many opportunities for employment in this area upon completion of the required courses. A glance at the Internet, for instance, will show a very large number of employers seeking assistants. They are located all over the country and offer very good salaries depending on education and experience. This is a good illustration of why this is an excellent occupation that can be obtained by attending the right school.
Training programs are available in upper and lower level colleges as well as technical schools and online. With the large number of technical schools advertising this program, it is important to make sure they are CODA approved. There are also rare occasions where one is trained on the job.
With the online schools, one can learn from the comfort of their home. This is an ideal arrangement for someone who is employed but wishes to get into another line of work. Many of these schools, in addition to science courses, teach things such as medical coding, dental office procedures and other things a professional assistant needs to know.
Certification requirements vary from State to State. However, many of these online schools and colleges concentrate on assisting their students to pass a certified dental assistant exam, which gives the title of CDA. Some states require a college degree and some require a license and registration. Anyone choosing this line of work needs to check State requirements.
In addition to assisting a dentist, a person who has completed this program has other employment opportunities. Health agencies, government and state facilities, prisons, laboratories and many other places use dental assistants. These agencies also provide an excellent health and vacation benefits plus a very good retirement plan. There are unlimited possibilities to make this a lifetime career.
Anyone working in this profession can relate the feeling of satisfaction they feel by providing service to people in need of dental care. There is a great deal of pride in knowing that they are making a difference in relieving another person’s pain. That, plus employment opportunities, plus benefits makes it worthwhile to earn a career by attending Dental Assisting Schools.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5028275